Black shungite has in its chemical composition almost the entire list of the Chemical Periodic Table. But the main chemical elements are carbon and Silicon dioxide.
The carbon content is about 32%, the Silicon dioxide content is about 55%.
Silver shungite, also referred to as elite shungite (shungite of the first type) is mainly composed of carbon. This is 98% of the total number of chemical elements in its composition. The remaining 2% is also almost the entire periodic table.
The elements does black shungite have
Black shungite stone belongs to rocks, so the content of various chemical elements in its chemical composition has a wide range.
Here is a short list of the main chemical elements in the composition of shungite.
- Carbon – about 32% (П.П.П.)
- Silicon dioxide – about 55% (SiO2)
- Complex silicates (mica, chlorides) – 10%
- Sulfites – about 3%
In addition, I would like to provide you with a detailed table of all the chemical elements that exist in the black shungite rock.
We received this information, as well as the results of these scientific studies at our Geological Institute of the Russian Academy of Sciences in Petrozavodsk. It is the capital of the Republic of Karelia, where shungite is mined.
As you can see, this table lists almost the entire spectrum of known chemical elements, but most of these elements have extremely low content. Based on the information obtained, the following physical properties of shungite can be distinguished.
Please note that there is no carbon in this table. Don’t worry, I’ll explain what’s going on. The fact is that the carbon content is determined by calcining shungite rocks at temperatures above 1000 degrees. This is called the loss of mass during calcination. Russian Russian has a designation in the form of these three Russian letters – П.П.П. This is the meaning of the carbon content.
- Density – 2,10 – 2,45 г/см3.
- Porosity – 0,4 – 5%
- Strength – 99 – 151 Megapascals
- Modulus of elasticity – 0,30 x 104 Megapascals
- Thermal conductivity – 3,8 W/mK
- Electrical conductivity – 1 – 3 X 103 S/m
Let me also draw your attention to the fact that the chemical composition of silver shungite (shungite of the first type) differs significantly from the composition of black shungite.
What elements does elite shungite have?
As I mentioned earlier, the main chemical element of this type of shungite is carbon. This is 98% of the total share of all the elements that make up its composition. We also conducted a chemical analysis at our Geological Institute of the Russian Academy of Sciences in Petrozavodsk.
Below you can have a unique opportunity to get acquainted with the results of these scientific studies in the form of a table.
The data from this table really confirms that the main chemical element of the elite shungite of the first type is carbon. Thus, we can safely say that this type of shungite is a mineral, but not a rock like black shungite.
The unique composition of shungite
I should also note that the chemical composition of elite shungite and black shungite is unique. Because the carbon in shungite has an unusual allotropic form, which is not found anywhere else. Due to this unique chemical composition, the black shungite rock is widely used in various industries. In addition, this black shungite has found wide application in the medical industry for human health. In order not to be unfounded, I give a few examples. Here is a list of diseases in which shungite is used in medical health centers.
- • anemia
- • allergies of various types
- • bronchial asthma
- • gastritis
- • dyspepsia
- • kidney diseases
- • liver diseases
- • diabetes
- • gallstone disease, gallbladder disease and many others.
Here I will only note that shungite has two main characteristics. This is the ability to absorb EMF. This is a different spectrum of electromagnetic waves. In addition, shungite has ability to purify and disinfect water. Undoubtedly, this becomes possible due to the truly unique chemical composition of shungite. Because no other mineral or rock has such abilities at the same time as shungite. Also, one should not overlook the fact that shungite conducts an electric current. This is a very rare phenomenon among minerals and rocks.
In this article, we have gained knowledge about – What elements does shungite have? Also, we are learned that the two types of shungite have different chemical composition. In addition, you have access to the results of our scientific research that we conducted at the Geological Institute. I sincerely hope that this information about the composition of shungite was useful and informative for you. Now, you know about this unique and rare to me a little more.