Introduction to the concept of shungite
Shungites (from the name of the village Shunga) is a Precambrian rock saturated with carbonaceous (shungite substance) material in a non-crystalline state. With metamorphism, they turn into graphite, cryptocrystalline graphite. Unstratified (migrated) higher anthraxolite contains up to 99% carbon and occurs in the form of stratified and oblique veins, nests and tonsils.
This type of shungite is also called shungite of the first type or elite noble shungite. There are also up to five types of shungite, depending on the carbon content. The most popular is black shungite of the third type. It is from it that you can make various shungite products.
Elite shungite of the first type has a black in color, with an intense semi-metallic luster and a shell fracture; hardness 3-3.5, density 1840-1980 kg/m3, depending on the mineralogical grade. It also has a smooth surface that reflects light well, so it looks silvery in sunlight. Ash contains a wide range of trace elements, covering almost the entire list of chemical elements of Mendeleev.
In its structure, shungite stone of the third type is an unusual natural composite material – highly dispersed particles of crystalline silicate, evenly distributed in an amorphous carbon matrix. The average size of silicate particles is about 1 microns. The average composition of the rocks of the deposit is 30% carbon and 70% silicate. You can read the most complete description of this black mineral in our article – What is Shungite?
The composition of shungite rocks
Shungite rocks is a unique natural mineral, environmentally friendly, containing more than 20 useful trace elements, including active forms of silicon and spherical carbon, which have adsorption, catalytic and antiseptic properties, providing anti-inflammatory and analgesic effects and helpful skin and joint diseases. In addition, scientists have recorded the presence of unique C60 and C70 fullerene molecules in shungite from Karelia.
There are some areas where shungite rocks can be used.
In this section we will focus on the question What are shungite rocks for? The properties of shungite rocks are unique. Infused shungite water and shungite paste have therapeutic value and are effective in the treatment of many diseases: allergies, skin, respiratory, gynecological, muscle and joint diseases, having significant anti-allergic, antipruritic and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Infusion of shungite waters can be used as a topical skin care product of any type. This substance cleanses and softens the skin, making it soft and elastic and contributing to its rejuvenation. It is also used as an antiseptic for infected scratches and wounds, to relieve swelling and pain after burns and insect bites.
- Infusions of shungite waters and suspensions can also be used for hair care.
- Used for the treatment of skin and joint diseases, shungite rocks paste is a fine-grained dust, black in color, made from finely ground powder of shungite crumbs mixed with a specially developed water tincture. Shungite paste (crushed to dust shungite stones “shungite powder” mixed with water) has anti-allergic and antiseptic properties. Due to the warming effect produced by the energetic properties of shungite, which improves microcirculation and metabolic processes and, accordingly, improves tissue nutrition, it is non-toxic and has no side effects.
- It can be used together with all other medicinal and physiotherapeutic drugs. Due to these qualities, the ointment can be used to treat allergic skin diseases, dermatitis, psoriasis, neurodermatitis, as well as injuries and diseases affecting the joints (osteochondrosis, polyarthritis) and the spine (sciatica, myositis). Treatment with shungite pastes in combination with mineralized baths with shungite mixtures and foot massage with shungite rubble can be even more effective.
- Trampling on shungite stones is a procedure based on a rich number of reflex zones (more than 70) on the foot, each of which is interconnected with a specific body organ. Foot massage improves blood supply to organs and tissues of the body and has no direct contraindications. Walking barefoot on small stones of raw shungite creates conditions for normalization of blood pressure due to complex processes occurring in the nervous system. If, after coming home from work, you stand for 3-4 minutes on a pebble made of shungite stones, then this can relieve nervous tension, reduce leg pain and improve sleep.
- Shungite massage is effective for diseases of the stomach, liver and intestines; joints and spine; dystonia and hypertension; impotence and adenomas; allergies, improved sleep and performance. Regular foot massage is a good prevention of many diseases. It improves health, normalizes sleep, eliminates pain in the joints and muscles of the legs, back and spine, relieves overexcitation of nerves, restores blood circulation and strengthens the immune system.
- In addition, shungite stone is a universal absorbent that, when combined with water, releases various organic substances and minerals. On the surface of shungite, pollutants are destroyed by 80-90% and immobilized. As an absorbent, shungite is recommended for the treatment of general weakness, fatigue, poisoning, immunodeficiency, allergies and skin diseases. Shungite stone is also used to prepare biologically active charged water, for which it is placed in water for 12 hours. It purifies water from harmful impurities, dissolved iron, chlorine, organic compounds, and also structures water. Water becomes biologically active. It promotes stimulation, rejuvenation of the body and prevents various diseases.
What else is shungite needed for
The results of a study by scientists from Karelian State University are interesting, which reveal, in particular, the following areas of use of shungite to get more understanding of What are shungite rocks for?
- Shungite hemosorbents, designed to cleanse the body of liquid media (blood, lymph, bile.), as well as toxic substances, heavy metal salts, microorganisms in various liquids.
Shungite bandages are used to bind wounds and provide transport fixation in open limb fractures.
- Shungite stone adsorbing tablets intended for oral administration in cases of poisoning, intoxication, gastrointestinal disorders (flatulence, etc.) caused by various diseases.
- Shungite paste is made from the powder of these black stones mixed with water. This suspension is used to treat wounds and skin diseases.
- Shungite electrodes are used for EEG, EMG, ECG, electrostimulation of muscles and tissues (including implantable pacemakers) and are designed for electrostimulation of the brain, muscular system and heart research, as well as organs and tissues for the treatment of various human diseases.
- Shungite biosensors are used to quickly detect gases (oxygen, carbon dioxide, etc.), trace elements and macroelements. In addition, to determine various substances such as glucose or alcohol, as well as heavy metal salts in body fluids and other fluids. Shungite stonebiosensors are available in sizes from 150 microns to 2 m. They can be used as part of electronic neurostimulators – microchips that are implanted into the body to treat various diseases using electrical tissue stimulation. They provide automatic adjustment of the microchip to the optimal mode of operation based on the parameters of the balance of the body.
- Shungite kit “Graviton” for programmable multichannel electrical stimulation of 80-90% of human muscles for various purposes: treatment and prevention of asthma, lack of training, rapid increase in muscle mass, the fight against obesity, automatic implementation of the most effective techniques.
Experience of using Shungite stone in sanatorium
“Now shungite is widely used in Russia for the treatment of various variants of joint syndromes, we prescribe shungite inhalers. Patients with diseases of the gastrointestinal tract (except peptic ulcer disease) and diabetics receive branded water in the dining room. We believe that shungite therapy is a promising non-pharmacological method of treating both major diseases and concomitant conditions that are often found in nursing homes.”
Below are examples of the practical application of shungite in Russian medical centers
“A team of doctors from the Russian sanatorium “Chaika” turned to natural remedies. This means that the drugs they study work better and restore the energy of the body. Since 1993, filters filled with small-sized shungite chips have been installed in the medical building of the sanatorium. Purified water is used for cooking, herbal decoctions, drinking, inhalation therapy and bathing. In children with bronchial asthma, the attacks of the disease are less severe, and in those with less severity of the disease, there is an improvement in the function of external respiration. The skin condition of people with allergic dermatitis has improved, and the itching has disappeared. The child’s general condition has improved.
Experience of using shungite rocks and paste in the sanatorium “Trehsosensky” (St. Petersburg)
We tried to study the possibility of using shungite in cardiac patients for the treatment of some concomitant diseases of the musculoskeletal system. No side effects were found. In 92% of patients treated with the black stone, there was a significant improvement, as evidenced by the pronounced or complete disappearance of the articular syndrome. The treatment is very promising.
“The results obtained indicate the effectiveness of shungite preparations using this rare stone in the treatment of patients with various forms of allergic skin diseases.
Thus, we have tried to consider in this article some areas of application of shungite. And also tried to answer the question – What are shungite rocks for?
We see that shungite has a wide range of applications in Russia, both in the field of scientific research and in the field of human health protection. We also invite you to familiarize yourself with our large scientific article – Shungite EMF protection.